Current track
Title
Artist


LOCAL NEWS UPDATE 6/4/2018

Written by on 6 April, 2018

MID SUFFOLK AND BABERGH MERGER ON HOLD

A proposal for a full merger of Mid Suffolk council with Babergh council has been put on hold.

The decision’s been taken by leaders of the two councils because of Suffolk county council’s recent suggestion to set up a single unitary authority to cover the whole of the county.

The two district councils feel it would not be the right move now to continue with their planned merger in 2020.

But they have asked the county to consider a wider review of their unitary proposal which would also involve other bodies including councils.

A previous move to set up a unitary council for Suffolk eight years ago was turned down by the Government.

NORFOLK YOUNG PEOPLE REPORT FEELING STRESSED

New research has shown that more young people in Norfolk are feeling stressed or anxious about life.

The national study by the Prince’s Trust of more than two thousand 16 to 25 year olds showed that Norfolk followed the general decrease in young people’s emotional well-being.

Just over 60 per cent of young people in the county questioned said that they felt stressed and about 50 per cent felt anxious regularly.

About a third said they felt hopeless about their situation the lowest level in their confidence and happiness over the last decade.

DISS BUSINESS SUMMIT RESCHEDULED

A business summit to discuss the plan for the future development of the Diss area has now been re-scheduled.

The summit meeting aimed at business and commercial leaders in South Norfolk and Mid Suffolk will now take place on Friday, May 18th. It was originally postponed during last month’s bad weather.

Local business people will have a chance to give their views and suggestions on the Diss and district Neighbourhood plan….and MP Richard Bacon will act as chairman.

The meeting is not open to the general public….who can check on progress with the neighbourhood plan at upcoming parish and annual council meetings.

POLICE WARNING FOLLOWING PULHAM BURGLARIES

A warning’s gone out to keep outbuildings and sheds locked after a number of burglaries in the Pulham area.

Police say that several buildings have been broken into and equipment like power tools stolen.

Comments

comments


Continue reading